Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wednesday, January 6th, 2010

Full Throttle | Swim/Run | Chelsea Piers

The swim this morning wasn't much better than on Monday. I'm still thrashing about and getting gapped by my teammates in lane 3 (lane 1 being the slowest, 5 the fastest). It's simply a matter of me increasing my swimming stamina so that my technique/form doesn't breakdown 3/4 of the way through the workout. Once my form goes, so does my speed.

Total distance: 3,000 yards

Wednesday's run is normally speed work, but Coach Berlinger smartly decided to postpone speed work until next Wednesday after we've had a week and a half of practices under our belts. Instead, we were instructed to run 5 miles on the indoor track and/or the treadmills. I stayed on the track in order to work on mental toughness - the track doesn't keep the pace for you like a treadmill does. The first mile was a warm up at 8:00/mile pace, followed by three miles at a 7:15/mile pace, followed by a final mile at a 8:00/mile pace to cool down.

Workout of the Day ("WoD"):

SWIM

Warm up - 200 swim / 200p / 100 backstroke
Tech - 100 each rlcsw /3-stroke / 2x scull
Mainset
  • 8 x 50 kick @1:00-1:15
  • 5x 150 swim R=20
  • 200 ez
  • 8 x 75 swim solid effort R=10
  • 5 x 100 pull R=20
cool down

RUN

3-5 miles at steady effort

(For effort/intensity zone definitions, see the Full Throttle official website)

No comments:

Post a Comment