Sunday, January 10, 2010

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I had hoped to do an hour-long spin class at 8:30 on Saturday morning with Chris Griffin at the 92nd Street Equinox. I tried to sign up online but the online seats were all already taken by the time I got out of the pool at Chelsea Piers on Friday. Popular class! Some computer genius needs to figure out a program akin to esnipe for Equinox so you can sign up automatically for a particular class while your busy doing something else. Anyway, I was the 11th person to show up that morning which landed me the #1 spot on the waiting list. I started a half-hour free weight routine that I try to do twice a week while I waited to see if I got in. It turned out there were no bikes available so I finished my free weight routine and then did sets of sit-ups (5 x 51 of various types) and other core work. Then I went home and changed into my running clothes and headed for Central Park.

Mid-morning found the park teaming with members of my other team: Central Park Track Club. I must have crossed paths on the 2.5-mile bridle path with at least 20 friends. I ran for about a mile with sprinter Andrea Ostrowski and then later another mile with marathoner Kimi Oishi. It was great to catch up and our annual awards banquet was that night, so everyone was atwitter about that (and I don't mean atweeting, although there may have been some of that, too). Anyway, I put in 8.2 miles at about 8:15 pace.

My final workout of the day was dancing up a storm at the CPTC party, but I guess that doesn't really count--even if it was pretty aerobic.

No comments:

Post a Comment