Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sweats 'R us


Wednesdays are particularly full in the pool and today was nooooo exception. The more bodies in the water, the more waves I tend to inhale. It's cool, I enjoy the challenge: How much O2 can YOU take in while swimming without gills (this doesn't pertain to Ali)?

The workout was conducive to a true "trade-off routine," so we were each able to lead the lane during sets that reflected our respective strengths, which is not always the case and was quite refreshing today. My flip turn ratio? 2 successes for every 10 attempts (20%). Like a generous tip, it was more than I expected.

My favorite part of the morning? Well, I REALLY wanted to run outside, so I brought all of my FTP BLIZzard gear. Little did I comprehend the black-ice factor...that's right, kids, like a BMW (I am German afterall), I'm SO fast that I must consider slipping on black ice. Okay, so my man feet MAY or may NOT be the issue. I looked down at my clunkers and thought to myself, "Self? You're working with a whole lot of surface area at the bottom of your stems. Perhaps stay inside to eliminate the risk of further injury?" At that moment, Maria (please see prior tags) said, "Why not just make it a hot run? We have South Beach coming up-might as well." Hmmff...okay.

Many heads turned to double-check whether or not the expression on my face was that of a girl dressed to hike the foothills in Antarctica was intentionally running on the treadmill INside Chelsea Piers. I figured as long as I kept a straight face, avoided direct eye contact with anyone and huffed heavily a few times, people would feel intimidated/assume I'm on a special "plan." Oh, I've got a plan, BABY...most of you know what that is, but for those that don't, here's a hint: It rhymes with "taking my national title back."

No comments:

Post a Comment