Friday, February 12, 2010

February 12, 2010

Chris gave me some terrific pointers during today's swim session. He tipped me off to some changes in my stroke that I could actually achieve. For starters, he had me keep my chin a little more tucked so that my head is straighter in the water. I think I'd been tilting up too much looking to see how close I was to the swimmer ahead. Not aqua-dymanic. Once my head was in the right place, I could rotate my shoulders more and concentrate on gliding a bit. Prior to this, my arms had just been windmilling through the water. My speed instantly improved.

I tried a level harder for the spin session--12 for the steady state and 15 and 16 for the climbs. It was tough to stay on 90 but I just kept my eyes on Don since he was hitting it perfectly. (Yes, Don, I couldn't take my eyes off your legs.) We were music-challenged after Greg had to leave early--taking his Nanopod with him, and right in the middle of Green Day! One of my many New Year's resolutions (chief among them: join Full Throttle full time) is to not be a techno-moron anymore. So as of two weeks ago, I am now the proud owner of a Nanopod. Creating playlists is still a bit beyond me but it's next on my list of things to do. Looking forward to inflicting my musical preferences on the group. (Musical "taste" might be a stretch since it would imply that I have some; I'll let you all be the judge.)

After the spin I hit the treadmill for 4.1 miles at about an 8:10 pace. I made the executive decision to go in late to work. Didn't want to have to leave my run for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment