Friday, February 5, 2010

Hammies!

Day 1 back in DA pool since my head turned into a massive petri dish last week and I was feelin' pretty groovy. Toni (tags: Aussie, strong female athlete, talks least says most--ish) and I traded off taking the lead during the steady swim sets. We were holding a good pace (1:25/100 yds), which set us up for the "solid" pull sets to follow. Drew (tags: in his 20's-oy, native NYer, horse, elite male athlete, six pack) was in front the entire time with Ali behind him and then MUWA + a few others. There are 4 things I attest to as far as severe weak points in the brain-o-Jess are concerned: peanut butter, the smell of Downy on my hoodies/using 8,000 dryer sheets per load to achieve that scent, geography and the ability to swim with a pull buoy. I might as well swim backwards...BUT I held on, which was enthralling. A certain Disney/Pixar/DreamWorks movie came to mind whilst thrashing my arms about to hold onto their pace--"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" I swear by lifting weights.

We hopped on spin bikes for an hour afterwards and I admit that my legs were pretty (omg totally) shot. I sat next to Anna (tags: fabulous hair, phenomenal female athlete, artist, big heart, competitive beyond imagination) and was entirely out of oxygen while pushing gears I would ordinarily scoff at had I not had to channel the Lincoln Tunnel through my left nostril (please see last entry). Nonetheless, I made it, which makes me all the more happy to salute my over-worked hammies, "Good night!"


No comments:

Post a Comment