Friday, February 19, 2010

RED FLAG THIS


This is no ordinary day. AP and PBS alike are aware! Forget Lindsey Vonn. To spits with Shaun White. I took home the gold today at the flip-turn Olympics. Maybe you're tired of reading about me OBSESS about these magical aquatic movements, but (in addition to my having mastered the event) here's my argument: If you're not an overachiever, then why are you reading this blog? As a TRI(3)athlete, you are taking on 3 (THREE) sports to master and let's face it, we obsess about many, various (RANDOM) things. Today? I tucked one obstacle into bed. Flip-turn ratio? 99%. For further commentary on my phenomenal flip-turn newsflash, please contact my publicist, Jessica Mullin.

OH! So, I am racing my first "run race" EVER tomorrow. A few of us signed up for a Haiti-fundraiser race in Central Park, which will be this week's worth of speed work. I know, between my flip-turn report and staking my flag back in the National-title land, it's like I'm emotionally doping (rut ro). It just feels really good to accomplish something in this "hobby" that isn't directly related to the 3 (THREE) sports...you have your first race/first PR/first flat/first podium/first heatstroke/first second place, but you run out of those "firsts," which would otherwise naturally keep you motivated. As far as tomorrow is concerned, we're all clear that I'll outrun the OTHER Jesse (ugh/albeit I heart him, Dubey), but I suppose that goes unsaid. get your ZZZ's on, Jesse Dubey (tags: stupid fast, loves his brother!, charity-driven, humorFULL, gorgeous wife); I'm on your heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment