Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Oh dear GOD, it's (racing) bikini season...




Ladies, picture this: April 11th. South Beach. Sun. Sand. Racing in full-backs and a sports bra (but totally hotter). Spit. Sweat. Sorry, boyzzz--no pillow fights in our skivvies for you. My point?

There's a difference between LAYING on a beach in a 2-piece and RACING in one. I'm not implying that us gals on Full Throttle rock string-tied uniforms; our team gear is pretty bad a**, but here's the thing: You canNOT hide any flaws on the bod whilst RUNNING in wet spandex suction-cupped to your chest and bottom. And let's face it, even if you're the Bay Watch of all swim finishers, no one looks good pulling off a latex swim cap and goggles.

Enter: Mission South Beach diet: All veggies. 1/2 the booze. Food for thought.....

Nonetheless, this week has been BRUTAL. Holy high intensity, BATMAN. I've never been such a fish in the pool as I have been this week and the spin/brick we did on Tues was beyond taxing. I mean, we were "solid" for 15 mins and then sprinted to the track, then solid for 15 mins, then sprinted to the track over and over again--maybe 4 times through and the running distances only increased each time! I looked at my quads and apologized bc I could hear them cursing me out and I really need them to like me this year.

All in preparation for the team's kick off race, South Beach Triathlon. And with almost 50 of our peeps competing, it'll will be VERY telling...rut ro. A quick throw back to last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji6h7Z5xIfg

2 comments:

  1. Race? What? O yeah, we have to race BEFORE the party starts. Damn, I always forget about that. All I can think about is feeling the sun after yet another brutal NY winter. Bring on the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen Maria GONZALES, not everyone is able to soak up the sun like a goddess. SOME of us are freckle-prone freaks.

    ReplyDelete